Friday, February 7, 2014

Popsicle Stick Snowflakes

If you're looking for an easy craft to enjoy with your littles this is a great one to start with. Popsicle sticks are a staple in my craft box and you can do so many fun projects with them.

This past week I've been discussing winter a lot with C and we just recently finished a book called The Snowy Day I remember finding this book at the library when E was little and instantly fell in love with it. It's a great story for preschool aged children and the illustrations are so creative and wonderful to look at both of my children have grown to love it. I like to tie crafts along with books as often as I can and I figured this was the perfect opportunity to make some snowflakes. We have a chance for snow this weekend so I thought making some of our own snowflakes would bring some good snow vibes our way. (wishful thinking here!) After they are complete you can hang them up around the house or place them in your windows like I did, if I can't enjoy seeing fresh snow out my kitchen window I might as well get a smile out of seeing my littles snow art in my kitchen window.


Items Needed:

  • Popsicle Sticks
  • Glue
  • Paint
  • stick on jewels, or glitter for added sparkle (optional) 
Directions:

  1. First glue the Popsicle sticks to form the shape of a snowflake, I used another one of my craft box staples for this, Glue Dots!
  2. After gluing them together allow your little to paint the snowflakes, we decided on silver for ours. 
  3. Allow the paint to air dry, then apply stick on jewels or glitter for extra sparkle. 
  4. Tie a string to one of the ends of the popsicle sticks if you want to hang them up, or add magnets to make some fun fridge magnets. 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to do these crafts with my very own "little ones". :)

    ReplyDelete