Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Mango Salsa

I have a love hate relationship with Mangos, I hated them for the longest time until I decided to try a recipe from SkinnyTaste with Mango Salsa and thats when my love affair started with this declicous fruit. I still won't eat just plain Mangos but stick them in a salsa or another dish and I'll happily eat them up. Out of all the things I make this is the recipe that gets raved about the most. It's great on so many things, tacos, chips, chicken, salmon, or one of my favorite ways to eat it is on top of a chicken and spinach salad. Word of advice make a large batch and snack on it through out the week, the flavors come out more after sitting for a couple days and it's a healthy snack to enjoy.



Adapted by :Skinnytaste 

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe mango
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1/2 cup black beans
  • 1 plum tomato
  • 1 tablespoon fresh clintro
  • 1 lime
  • salt to taste 

Directions:

  1.  Chop up the mango, avocado, onion, tomato and cilantro and place in a medium sized bowl.
  2. Add black beans and juice the lime over top (I usually start out with 1/2 a lime juiced then add more to taste if needed) mix everything together and add salt. Can serve immediately or refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment