Friday, January 31, 2014

Sriracha Honey Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas

Well try saying that 10 times fast! It's a tongue twister of a name, but these little babies are oh so good! I have a serious obsession with Siracha, I put it on almost everything. When I was pregnant with C I craved spicy things all the time and thats when my love affair with the Rooster Sauce started.

I've been wanting to make healthy snacks to snack on during the day and came across a Roasted Chickpea recipe while browsing the Cooking Light website. I figured since I loved hummus I might as well give this a try, they do take some time to roast buy they are worth the wait. I would suggest doubling the recipe because they won't last long. (at least they didn't in my house) they are prefect for some guilt free snacking through out the day and if you love the sweet, and spicy combo this is right up your alley. I took it a step further by tossing in fresh grated Parmesan cheese, the cheese turns into a crunchy Parmesan topping and adds a lot of flavor and texture. I think they would be delicious tossed in a salad or in a bowl of Butternut Squash soup, the possibilities are endless. This recipe will certainly be one I will be saving, enjoy!



Ingredients:

  • 1- 15 oz can Garbanzo beans 
  • 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha
  • 1/2 tablespoon Honey
  • good dusting of freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (eyeball it)

Directions:

  1. preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
  2. Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans then thoroughly pat dry with a paper towel. In a large bowel combine the Sriracha, Honey and Parmesan Cheese then add in the garbanzo beans and coat evenly with the mixture. Turn the garbanzo beans onto baking sheet and roast at 300 degrees for 40-50 minutes stirring the garbanzo beans often, the beans should be brown and crunchy when finished.




No comments:

Post a Comment