Thursday, March 6, 2014

St. Paddys Day Rainbows

It's March! I can't believe how fast this year is going so far, and with March comes one of the best holidays St. Patricks Day! It's the month of green, shamrocks, beer and the usual debate of if its St. Paddy's Day or St. Patty's Day.

Being the good Irish Catholic Korean girl that I am (yes, you read that correctly) I thought it would be only right to teach you what I have always been told. It's St. Paddy, never Patty! Patty is a girls name and as I'm sure you know St. Patrick was a man. So never refer to it as St. Patty, besides it just sounds funny. After much googling to confirm my thoughts on this matter it was made very clear that thousands of people agree with me. I even found a website dedicated to making sure people use the correct saying. Now I've never been to Ireland to confirm this, but if I end up there one day I will be sure to ask the first Irish person I meet if its Patty or Paddy.

Now that we have that taken care of on to the good stuff, kids crafts! I LOVE kids art, we have a lot of original art works framed all over the house. Now I've seen these rainbows all over Pinterest so they are certainly nothing new, but they are adorable and easy for littles to do. It's also easy to turn into a learning opportunity for your littles by going over the colors and discussing how rainbows are made. Though I think my daughters favorite part was squeezing out the glue :)

Items Needed:
  • Construction paper in rainbow colors
  • Paper Plate
  • Cotton Balls
  • Glue
  • Glitter or any stick on jewels for sparkle
Directions:
  1. Fold your construction paper into strips and cut I didn't make exact measurements I just eyeballed the strip sizes 
  2. Cut the paper plate in half and apply white glue dots all over the back side of the plate and stick on your cotton balls
  3. All the glue to dry for a bit then turn over and glue on your rainbow colored strips
  4. Once everything is assembled add your extra sparkle if you'd like punch a hole in the top and add some string so you can hang it up 

No comments:

Post a Comment