Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Lemon Chicken

This recipe has recently become a family favorite. I made it a soon as I read the post about it on one of my favorite food blogs Shutterbean since then we have had it for dinner 4 times! My husband swears he would eat it weekly and I could say I would probably be on board with that.

I love this recipe because it's simple ingredients and easy enough for a week night family dinner. The lemon flavor is spot on and not over powering, the best part is the sauce, omg its so good. I didn't change a single thing about this recipe, it's perfect every time I make it. If you're not a dark meat fan I'm sure it would be fine to use chicken breasts but I encourage you to try it with the boneless chicken thighs. Dark meat has so much more flavor and really make the dish. Serve it up with a side of rice and veggies and get ready to be praised by your loved ones. Happy Cooking!


Recipe by: Tracy Benjamin

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil  plus more for pan
  • Juice from 1 1/2 large lemons
  • 5-6 lemons slices
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves chopped
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • salt & pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil in a glass baking dish add the chicken thighs and set aside.
  2. In a glass measuring cup measure out your olive oil and add in the lemon juice, chopped onion, chopped garlic, thyme, and oregano. Mix well and pour of chicken thighs. 
  3. Place lemons slices over the chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper. 
  4. Bake 30-40 minutes ( I did find that mine took about 50 minutes to cook, it all depends on your oven and how thick the chicken is) 
  5. When chicken is cooked and sauce bubbling remove from the oven and cover with foil, let rest for 5 minutes. 
I served this over Jasmine rice and it was delicious, make sure to spoon on some extra sauce!

1 comment: