Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Popsicles

Aw, summer, its just around the corner! I don't know about you but I'm counting down the day til summer vacation (only 21 more days!) I long for the days of relaxed mornings and summer adventures with the kids. We've been working on our summer bucket list and I can't wait to start crossing things off.

One of E's requests was to make homemade popsicles and since the hubby and kids spoiled me this year for Mothers Day with a brand new Vitamix I figured we could cross that off our list a little early. I LOVE my Vitamix, it has been one of the best kitchen purchases in a while. Our morning smoothies have been forever changed by this amazing machine. I won't bore you with how much I love it, but lets just say I love it almost as much as I love Costco.

You don't need a Vitamix to make these popsicles, any high powered blender would work. They are quick to whip up and you only need 3 ingredients. You can omit the chocolate chunks but I think the extra texture and sweetness is a nice touch. The kids really enjoyed them and I can't wait to see what other recipes we can put together over the summer. I hope you enjoy this delicious and healthy summer treat!



Ingredients:

4 Cups fresh sliced strawberries
1 Cup Honey Greek Yogurt (I used the Trader Joes brand)
1/4 Cup Water
1/2 chocolate bar chopped into chunks (I used Trader Joes semi sweet hazelnut chocolate bar)

Directions:

Chop up your fresh strawberries and place in a blender, add the yogurt, and water. Blend everything together til it is very smooth. Place a few chocolate chunks in the bottom of your popsicle mold then slowly pour in a small amount of the strawberry mixture. Keep layering the chocolate chunks and strawberry mixture til your popsicle mold is full. Place in the freeze, best to free over night.

2 comments:

  1. This looks super yummy! I can't wait to try this recipe. I found you on a #gardenchat share on instagram. Do you share on Twitter too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Bren! Thank you for stopping by and checking out my blog :) so far I just stick to instagram and the occasional blogging. I hope you enjoy the popsicle recipe, I have a couple more recipes that I plan to share soon.

      -Shannon

      Delete